Wednesday, April 18, 2012

$0 How to clean your dishwasher



I had no idea that appliances needed cleaning! (I assumed the secret cleaning fairy took care of that...) 

My dishwasher has slowly stopped cleaning my dishes throughout the past year, Im sure its 10+ years old...  I was complaining to a friend about how I was having to wash my dishes by hand because I needed a new dishwasher, and she recommended I look up how to clean mine before buying a new one... I still cant believe how filthy it was!

#1, take all racks out. Scrub the walls with soapy water (or whatever cleaner you want really). 

#2, clean any debris out of the spinny arm thing. Wipe the door and around the door.

#3, take the cover off the drain (be careful not to break it!) You will be disgusted at how much food is in there... use some gloves and clean it out! Put the cover back on.

#4, clean the steam thingy on the door (I know, such technical terms) the cover should come off of that also. Put the cover back on when you are done.

#5, put the racks back in. Fill a small cup with white vinegar, put it upright on the top rack. Run your dishwasher on the hottest setting. 

Thats it! Im telling you, my dishwasher is like brand new! It cleans the dishes so well!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment