Friday, April 20, 2012

Strawberry Bananna Muffin

Strawberry Bananna Muffins with NO sugar & NO eggs! Yummm....

I used this recipe here as my base, and then just altered it. Instead of eggs, I used applesauce. I left out the nectar, and I used skim milk instead of buttermilk.  Here is my version of the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup overripe mashed bananas (3 bananas)
1 cup milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups chopped strawberries

*if you or your family members would prefer a little sweetness, sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the muffins before baking,  I made half of my muffins this way for my husband who hates anything healthy!*

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin trays with cupcake liners.

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon).  Set aside.

In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (bananas, milk, canola oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and applesauce). Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold the mixture.  Do not over-mix. Fold in the strawberries.

Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners (I used an ice cream scoop) until 3/4 full.  Place the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden on top. Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment