Sunday, November 27, 2011

Angel

I made the angel for our tree today! We didn't have one. I was at the Dollar Store today getting a few cleaning supplies and browsing through the Christmas things. I was looking for a star or angel and they didn't have anything nice, just a few cheapo stars. I got to thinking about it and figured it couldn't be that hard to make my own!While at the Dollar Store, I picked up a barbie doll, some white and silver ribbon, and a butterfly ornament. $3 seems like a good deal to me for a Christmas Angel!

I used a thin piece of cardboard (actually a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon that came in the mail). Bended and cut it to fit around her waist. Trimmed the end to make it even. Started wrapping the ribbon from the bottom all the way up to the top and around her, using hot glue to attach to the dress form. Cut the ribbon in small strips to make "straps" for her dress. I took the metal clip off the butterfly ornament, and glued it to her back. The antenna of the butterfly ornament was perfect for a little halo for her! And then we stuck her on the tree! She looks beautiful up there!! I will take some better pictures in the daylight tomorrow. These pictures don't do her justice! (Please ignore her scary make up job! haha I had to take what I could get)





No comments:

Post a Comment