Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wood Christmas Tree




I am in love with this project!! I saw a tutorial here while browsing pinterest. Here is what I did:

I used old scrap pieces of wood from when we were learning out to make frames. Painted them green. I didn't have a "tree green" so I made my own by mixing lime green, teal, and black. I also painted the tree "trunk" brown. 

I wrote the sayings with white paint. My husband said, "You did that free hand?! That looks amazing!" Although I can see all my flaws, it was a nice compliment =)


I added some glitter to the stars (Me? Add glitter? No way). Yes, I cheated and bought the stars only because they were on sale for .49 cents each(and I had an additional 25% off the entire purchase including sale items!), and it would save my husband a lot of work (we only have one really big saw). And, they were already yellow. I used wood glue to glue the "branches" and stars to the "trunks" and screws to attach the bottom piece to the trunk. We did go back and add screws to the branches/trunk to make sure it was really secure. 





The only thing I bought for this project were the stars! Total = (less than) 98 cents.
I love them! I haven't decided if I am keeping both, or giving one away. They will soon go to their home on the front porch on Black Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment