Sunday, October 2, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

Yumm.. they are so good, and healthy!

I decided to make these one day because I don't (90% of the time) buy processed food anymore, but I don't enjoy always having to cook up a whole meal, and eating the same thing for a few days. I am now a big fan of freezing meals/food.

This is really easy. Start by peeling and chopping up the potatoes and put the in the oven (I don't add any butter or oils, you could, but you really don't need to), 350* for about 40 minutes, or just until they are soft and cooked.





While that is cooking, brown your sausage *or- use any left over meat that you have, I used left over ham from Easter once*. At the same time, make your scrambled eggs- I used 12 eggs.




Take whatever left over veggies you have- tomato's, peppers, anything you want. This time I used some green onions that we had left over.



By this time, the potatoes should be done. Now you take plastic wrap, pull off a piece big enough to wrap the burrito. Place the tortilla on top of that. Layer with all the goodies, top with cheese, and wrap up!





This recipe make as many or as little as you would like! With 12 eggs, about 8 or 10 small potatoes, 1lb sausage, and 1/2 pkg cheese I made 21. Place in the freezer. When you are ready to eat, take them out of the plastic wrap and microwave for about 2 minutes.

And of course you have 3 little babies just waiting for something to drop! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment