Sunday, October 2, 2011

We Made Our Own Trim =)

Before Pictures of the windows, yes, I forgot to take one of
the kitchen window and I could dig around
because I know I have one somewhere, but I'm lazy.

Yep, we did! After making the frames the other day, I got to thinking... our trim board around the floor and around the doors aren't to fancy.... Why not make our own with a router and some 1x4's? We cut the 1x4's in half so they are now 1x2's. Then, we (and when I say "we" I mean he) used the MIL's router on the inside edge. Its a plain, simple, small round edge. But, we aren't to fancy of people so it works for us! We then measured, and cut the boards to the correct size, nailed them up, caulked the edges, sanded and painted. Whew!! A lot of work! It made a HUGE difference on the windows! We just did two windows, one in the kitchen and one in the living room.




I have been wanting to make some new curtains
that match for those two windows, so this gave me
a good excuse =) I will upload the tutorial tomorrow for those. I kinda just made it up as I went along today, but I will be making a second one tomorrow after work and will take pictures along the way! The one I made today I am not thrilled with, I will be making some alterations to that tomorrow, too!






Will add some more finished pictures tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment