Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thing 1, Thing 2 & Dr. Seuss!


Since I don't have kids, I usually buy my dogs costumes every year. Usually at Ross because they are cheap there. This year I wanted all three dogs to have a theme for their costumes. I also wanted to make them =)

I decided on Dr. Seuss & Thing 1 and Thing 2! This is how I made them (and extremely cheap, too!)








Went to Good Will and bought two red baby onsies to make the little dogs Thing 1 & 2. I had to cut and sew one of them to make it a little smaller. One was .19 cents and the other .49 cents! Cant beat that. Then I bought some white felt (.35 cents) and wrote in black paint "Thing 1" and "Thing 2." I bought some tulle at Hobby Lobby, half a yard for .52 cents, even though i knew it would be way to much. I cut strips and tied them to a bobby pin. Done with their costumes! So easy.







For Makenzie, Dr. Seuss, all I needed was a hat and a red bow tie. I used the white felt I had, and bought some red felt. I made the hat by cutting a cereal box and hot gluing the felt on. Easy! I had to buy a roll of red ribbon with wire to make the bow tie. Total for her costume $2.35!

Aren't they so cute!? I will post some pics of the babies in their costumes soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment