Saturday, October 8, 2011

*Coffee Table Upcycle*

I am in LOVE! Our coffee table turned out amazing!! Before and After :




This table is really only a year and a few months old. Of course this was bought back in the day when I wasn't as ambitious. So, about a week after we got our nice new table, Mr. Harley came to live with us and being a puppy.. he decided to chew on the table every chance he got. The bottom shelf on the table was that fake wood and so with three little babies running around, bumping into it, crawling over it, sleeping on it, etc. it was looking a little run down to say the least. Also, I absolutely hated cleaning the glass. I would clean it, and I swear 10 minutes later it was dusty and dirty again. I wanted it gone ASAP!

After browsing and browsing "coffee table make-overs" I had made up my mind. I showed the husband a picture and said, "we are doing this tonight!" I swear I have the best husband in the world because he said OK and we started measuring!

*Pictures from along the way:









We removed the shelf, measured, cut, sanded, painted, nailed, and stained! Whew, a lot of work. But well worth it. I still have to get some polyurethane and seal the top, but this was just yesterday that we made this. I am also considering another coat of stain (I feel like the color is to similar to the floor), or a rug for underneath. I would love a rug, but then I come to reality - three dogs with muddy feet, chewed up toys and dog hair. No thanks.

We are both really pleased with the outcome! I have the side table that matched the old coffee table, still deciding on if we should make it look like the new coffee table, or do something different with it.

1 comment: