Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Shower Curtain

The new and old shower curtain.

I had a love hate relationship with this old shower curtain. I love the pattern, but the curtain is 2 years old and plastic. If it was fabric, I probably would keep it forever. It was between $5 and $10 so to last me 2 years is pretty great. 

The new shower curtain I'm not in love with yet. The bathroom is getting painted this weekend. Right now it is a maroon/redish color that I love but it doesn't match my purple bedroom. (The purple came after the red. We attempted maroon, brown and white stripes and it was crazy! I had to paint over it.) I have some left over gray that I am going to lighten with some left over white.


The gray fabric I used for this new shower curtain is twin size sheets! I got them on clearance at target for $4.48! Cant beat that price for some fabric! The white is also an old sheet scrap left over from my kitchen curtain.

This was a very exhausting project! I am NOT a fan of pinning, and it involves a lot of pinning. 


First, I measured the gray fabric, cut it, and sewed the hem. Next, I decided how many stripes I wanted, how big they should be, and how far spaced out they should be. I decided on 4 inch stripes, 3 inches apart. I measured and made marks on the gray fabric for where the center of the white stripes should be pinned. 





I cut 10 4 inch stripes. I pinned them all on the marked spots and all the way across the curtain. By the end of the curtain (which was actually the top), I was exhausted and my back hurt, (this is where I should have taken a break and drank a nice big glass of wine... but I didn't) and I got a little lazy with the pinning and it shows! Oh well, what can you do. I sewed all the stripes on. I measured and marked where the holes for the hangers should go, and cut them. Whew, I then went and got a nice big glass of wine!!

I am thinking I will like it more with the walls painted. If not, I'm thinking of adding a few purple stripes or fabric flowers. We will see.






No comments:

Post a Comment