Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vinyl Sign Upcycle

I am really excited about this amazing sign I made!! A few weeks ago, we stumbled upon these vinyl signs at the Dollar Tree. Usually they say really corny things when they are at the dollar store, but I actually liked this one "Bless This Home With Love & Laughter."

I knew exactly what I would put it on. I didn't want to stick it on the wall in case we ever move, I want to be able to take it with us. I had this old sign that said 'Kitchen' that was in our apartment. That means it has been sitting in my garage in a box for almost a year! I dug it out, painted it a grey blue (mixed a bunch of paints I had) and stuck the vinyl on. I didn't get the vinyl exactly center (it was hard to do this alone! Once it sticks, its stuck!) so I decided to add a butterfly stamp to the side with the extra space. I think it turned out great! And for $1, and recycling. Cant beat that!



No comments:

Post a Comment