Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting


THIS IS SO DELICIOUS! I had to take them to work to share because I wanted to eat the whole pan! (Kevin thought I did. He didn't know I took them to work and when he came home looking for some and the pan was gone he told me he thought I ate them all! How rude...)

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 ounces cream cheese *I accidentally used the whole 8 oz package, and it tasted just fine*
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F

2. Grease and flour one 9x13 pan

3. In mixing bowl beat together eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.

4. Sift together the flour, powder, salt, soda and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.

5. Spread into prepared pan.

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes

7. Remove from oven, allow to cool completely.

8. For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner's sugar.

9. Evenly spread over the bars.

10. Enjoy and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment