Friday, September 30, 2011

Antique Picture Frames

My awesome hubby and I made these amazing picture frames! My sister is coming here in a week and going to take some family pics for us =) We made 6 of them and they are going on my new wainscoting wall.

I haven't officially decided on the color. I was thinking some shade of brown, or a brown black distressed look, but I am doing the pictures in black and white, and didn't want it to look to dark. I have painted one just to see if I like it. I do, hubs doesn't. I guess my sister will be the deciding vote when she gets here!

Here are some pictures of how we made them. Kevin (per my request) brings home the good scrap wood from his work. So we have a stock pile in the garage. The pieces we used were 1x4's. Kevin cut them into 1x2's. The size of the frame I wanted was 16x16, so Kevin measured the pieces and cut them. I used wood glue and glued them all together. They look great!!



We had made two small practice ones. I stained them the color we used on our cabinets because I was thinking that would look good on the frames. I didnt like it at all, of course Kevin did! haha







So, this is what we have so far. I think they will look great with the pictures in them. I will update with new pics when I get them =)
Oh, total cost is ZERO! My favorite type of project.


No comments:

Post a Comment