Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wainscoting Love



I AM IN LOVE! The wainscoting turned out soooooo goood! You are honestly going to laugh when I tell you how I did this for $30!!
I was looking online and found some "cheap" wainscoting at amazon.com for $250. At home depot it is $90 for 8 linear feet. So, after seeing this blog my husband and I went to lowes. The 16x20 squares are $12-15 a piece. The top molding is only $5 for 7 ft and we needed two pieces.
So we didnt buy it. $15 x 5 "squares" is a lot! We thought about buying a 7ft piece and cutting it and putting them together ourselfs.... but that is a LOT of work too! I could not sleep last night for the life of me. But, I did come up with this AMAZING idea! Why not just buy picture frames that are 16x20. I knew I could find them pretty cheap.
First stop this morning, Good Will. #1. They didnt have 5 of the same or similar. #2. They were selling for about $15 a piece alos!! Next stop, Walmart. That is where I found the frames for $3 a piece!!! 5 of them = $15. The price of ONE from lowes. Next, we bought the molding board. $10. And the finishing nails $3.50 (which we still have a TON left).
Using paint and caulk that we already had. Wohoo!! I think it made a HUGE difference in the entry way!!
Tomorrow I am going to decorate it as a picture gallery of our amazing wedding pictures. I would like a mantle there, but I am waiting to either build our own, or find a cheap one on CL.

What do you think?! More pictures tomorrow in the day light. And with the decorated wall =)

No comments:

Post a Comment