Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fabric Flowers

There are lots of tutorials on how to make fabric flowers, everyone has their own version. I made mine like this::
What you need
fabric scraps, sewing machine, button(optional), needle and thread
Total cost: Free! I had everything I needed!

What to do
The first piece of fabric I used was a scrap of a scarf from the zebra pillow I made. I cut the fabric 5inches wide and then i had two 23 inch pieces i sewed together to make one 46 inch piece.


Then, fold the fabric in half (now it will be 2.5 inches X 46 inches) and sew together.



Next, attach the two ends together by sticking one inside of the other, and sewing.

Then, take the needle, and double thread it. Tie a not in the end of it. Start weaving the needle in and out, all the way through. Pull the thread tight on both ends and tie in a knot.



I then made another, smaller, flower. I made this one 4 inches by 46 inches. Same thing as before.



After, I had both the flowers. I put the purple one on top of the zebra print one and added a button. So cute! I am going to make a few more and put them on my headboard! (Pictures of the headboard later)





What do you think?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment