Sunday, September 18, 2011

"W"

I am in love with monograms lately!! And have really been wanting to make one from cardboard!
This project = free.
I used cardboard, hot glue, spray adhesive, spray paint, and spices from our spice rack that we never use!
Yes, I know I am crazy. I was going to make some tissue paper flowers and put them on the W, but when I started doing that ... they weren't looking so good!! So, I spray painted the letter, and kept thinking.. what do I have laying around that would have some sort of textured look... and came up with spices!!
I have a few pictures of what I was doing, then.. like I said, I was a little stuck and just started guessing! So I don't have pictures of the spray painting or adding the spices texture.

The start. I traced my "W" on to some cardboard.

And then cut it out. Then traced this "W" at cut it out. You need two letters, front and back.

Now cut out 2in pieces of cardboard, and glue to the letter.

Should look like this.

This was when I was contemplating the tissue paper flowers...



I love my little scarecrow babies.

I love it, it looks great on my "fall" decorated cabinets! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment