Saturday, September 10, 2011

Toilet Paper Art.

So, I saw this awesome idea here : http://www.suzyssitcom.com/2010/12/feature-friday-faux-metal-wall-art.html


And so I asked all my friends to save me some TP rolls and I went to the store and got the dowels and glue. I started cutting the TP, and wow, was it hard!! After two hours, I was not even half way done with one. SO, I gave up for the night and haven't went back. LOL I like instant gratification. I do have patience, but I was planning on making 4 of these and that would be a looooong time crafting!


Then a few days later I saw a different tutorial for TP rolls : http://www.homemakerinheels.com/2011/06/toilet-paper-roll-flower-starburst.html

So, this one seemed a LOT easier. And it was. Only took about an hour to finish and paint 3. They look good. I didn't put mirrors in them like "home-maker in heels" did, but I think I am going to.

Here are mine and what I did:
You need toilet paper rolls, glue, scissors, and spray paint.


First, flatten the TP rolls. Then, cut them into 1/2 inch strips. This is the longest part of the project.


Next, take a glass(or something round) and start putting the "petals" around it forming a circle, gluing each one as you go. Then, put a second layer of petals, and then a third. Let the glue dry completely (be careful, the glue will stick to the newspaper).







Spray painting is the hardest part. It is so awkward, I used a whole bottle of spray paint. After it drys, you are done! Free art! and it looks awesome :-)



The pictures are awful, again, they are on my phone. And the white doesn't look that good against the green walls, it doesn't show up that well. I will probably paint them a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment