Monday, September 5, 2011

-Garage Sale Find-

I love garage sale's! Hubby on the other hand, doesn't. Which means we went twice this summer. (Thank God for Craigslist!) Here is the awesome shelf I found! I hadn't actually wanted one, until we were driving past this garage sale and I saw it and knew it would be perfect for my stairs! I had been wanting a tall tree/plant to go there, just hadn't gotten around to getting one from lowes.

Anyway, there is a long story behind this shelf. I won't give you all the boring details. I saw it, and asked how much. Guy said $35. Whoa, I wanted to pay $10. So hubby and I kept "garage saleing" (I found an awesome chair I am reupholstering, you will see that later), and we went back around 2pm to see if the shelf was still there. It was, and I only had $15 cash left, so I asked if he would take $15 and he said yes! I was so happy. Took it home, added two coats of brown paint I had left over, and its done! It looks great! What do you think?!



No comments:

Post a Comment