Tuesday, September 6, 2011

:: Flower Lamp ::

I am in love with my new lamp shade!!! And, it cost .99 cents to do! Before and After:

I bought this boring lamp on sale almost two years ago. It used to have a really ugly shade. When we moved into our new house, I switched the shade to a -still boring but better looking- shade. I was planning on putting fabric on the inside of the shade so that when it is on, you can see the print. Just never got around to it. Earlier today, I was browsing around looking for kitchen cabinet updates, and I came across a cool lamp shade that was painted. (Here:http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2011/08/lamp-revamp-for-my-ladies.html) I decided to just do one big stripe and put one big flower on it. Decided to go with a bright orange flower, and its perfect!! Here's how I did it:





What you need:
some paint, brush, tape, and shade.
Tape the lamp with the design you want. I did a 2 inch stripe around the bottom of the shade. Then paint two coats of paint. Remove the tape. Ta da!



You could be done if you wanted. I decided to add a flower. I used my hot glue gun to put the flower on. And, done! The longest part about this project is waiting for the paint to dry! I would say, probably took 30 min total. and the lamp looks completely different!


  It was hard to get a good picture using my camera phone and it was night time! Oh well, you get the idea! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment