Monday, September 5, 2011

Dresser Make-over!

So, when we moved into our house we had NO bedroom furniture, besides the bed and some hand-me-down tables from my aunt! I started watching CL daily for free dressers until I found the one I wanted! Yes, it is missing a drawer, oh well. Here is the before, and the after. I didn't do much to it, because hubby said NOT to paint it! (I waited til he was napping, haha!) I wanted to paint it a light blue color, and distress it. But, decided to start small. There may be another dresser make over in the near future! :-)

Here is the dresser before:

Here is the dresser after:

Materials:
-White paint (I had left over from another project)
-Sanding block
-Tape
-Grey spray paint (I also had from a previous project)

First, sand the front of the drawer so the paint will stick. Next, I taped around the edges of the drawer.

Then, painted two coats of the white paint.

While I was waiting for the paint to dry, I spray painted the knobs grey.

Took the tape off, put the knobs on, and.. ta da! Sorry, the pictures aren't that great, not much light in our bedroom! I love it, and even the hubby said it looks good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment